Friends of Battle Abbey School
The FOBAS Committee is a group of parents from Nursery, Prep and Senior School; they meet once or twice per term and help organise a variety of events held at Battle Abbey School for parents, staff and friends. The money raised during these events is used to fund items that do not fall under existing educational or facilities budgets and promise to enhance the school experience, helping to improve educational or social outcomes for children in the school.
Recently purchased items include:
FOBAS are delighted to have been able to support bids from right across the school including:-
For the senior school:-
- Resources for setting up and kitting out the very popular Young Engineers Club who have ongoing plans for a weather station, building a go-kart and a flying drone.
- Team match kits for hockey and football.
- 3D printer equipment for the ICT department.
- 2 new cameras for the Marketing department.
- A new intercom system and blocks for the Drama department.
- Visits from a French theatre company for MFL.
- The English departments theatre production of Macbeth.
- Baking equipment and benches for Boarding.
- Resources for the boarders at Westnedge.
- Folios for the Choir.
For Prep and Nursery:-
- Nativity costumes.
- Outdoor toys.
- Commemorative Royal Wedding coins for each child.
- Training for Science Ambassadors.
- An incubator to hatch and raise chicks.
Funds have been ring fenced to match fund resources needed for the new Nursery building and facilities.
FOBAS meetings for the 2017-18 academic year will be held in the Headmasters’ Study at 7.15pm on the dates below, new parents, Prep School parents and non-FOBAS members are always very welcome to attend:
Monday 11th September 2017 Meeting
Tuesday 7th November 2017 Meeting
Wednesday 17 January 2018 Meeting
Monday 12th March 2018 Meeting
Tuesday 1st May 2018 Meeting
Tuesday 5th June 2018 Meeting including AGM
The following events have been planned for the 2017-2018 academic year. Former pupils, ex-staff and past parents are most welcome to join current parents and staff at many of the events. For more information, and/or to book your tickets, please contact FOBAS Chairs Mrs Rebecca Upton and Mrs Johnna Mullarkey on email@example.com
Prep School Open Morning – Saturday 11th November 2017
FOBAS Quiz Night – Friday 17th November 2017
FOBAS Ceilidh – Saturday 27th January
1990’s Reunion Drinks, London – Thursday 8th February
FOBAS Comedy & Curry Night – Saturday 17th March
2000’s Reunion Drinks, London – Thursday 19th April
FOBAS Prep School Spring Social – Friday 20th April
FOBAS Summer Ball – Saturday 30th June
You can also help FOBAS raise funds for Battle Abbey School by shopping online via Easyfundraising.org.uk.
All you need to do is register using the link below, and add the relevant apps. There is no extra cost for you, the shopper, and it is easy to use! There are also over 2,500 retailers to choose from including Amazon, M&S, Sainsbury, Tesco, Argos, John Lewis, Waitrose, HMV, Apple, Ebay and many, many more:http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/fobas