· At least 2 must be as Player /Participant
· Activities must be chosen from 2 different areas as stipulated in the syllabus
· May select Leader and /or Official as an activity
Unit 3 – Analysis of performance
This involves the pupils choosing one of their practical options and analysing the performance of either themselves or another person. They will analyse this person based on five areas and are expected to draw on knowledge from their theory work to demonstrate an extensive knowledge and understanding of the course.
This area is marked out of twenty and constitutes the final 12% of the course.
The five areas are:
· Rules, regulations and terminology = 4 marks
· Observe and analyse performance = 4 marks
· Evaluate performance = 4 marks
· Plan strategies, tactics and practices = 4 marks
· Plan a Personal Exercise Programme = 4 marks
At Battle Abbey school we have a high success rate in GCSE PE with 100% of our pupils achieving an A*- C grade in the past six years. This is something we are obviously very proud of and with the wealth of experience and resources the department has we hope this will continue for many years to come.
Pupil quotes about the course:
"I was surprised at how interesting the course was as I anticipated just learning about the anatomy of the body, but I learnt so much more."
"I plan to take medicine in the future and I figured that the PE GCSE would be a great starting point to build my knowledge and understanding of the body."
"I couldn’t believe the amount of sports that are available for me to offer practically."
The exam boards home page for PE:
GCSE Bitesize revision:
BBC Schools page on PE: